The year 2010. saw several great monochrome, color and all-in-one printers, but the MFC-8460N was definitely one of the best known for that period. The device was standing out of the crowd not only because it featured a high dot per inch print quality, being in the 1200×1200 DPI range, but it also featured an oversized scan glass, which offered the possibility of scanning three dimensional objects – now how cool was that? But, regardless of the cool factor, in the core it was just your regular device which has its own toner cartridges and drum units which, at the end of the day, has the same needs as every other printer out there. This is where we come to the today’s topic on what to buy and how to exchange the Brother MFC-8460N drum unit.
Where can I buy an affordable Brother MFC 8460N drum unit?
Your device, the MFC-8480, is featuring the Brother DR-620 Drum Unit in it, which is also going under the name BRTDR620. The price of it is around $100, and in return it offers around 25.000 page yield. As of now, it can be bought via the official Brother store on Amazon under this link: DR-620 Drum Unit. Once the order is in your hands, you can start with the next step, which is replacing the old drum unit with the old one:
How to replace the DR-620 Drum Unit?
- Turn on your MFC-8460n and open the front cover of the device.
- Remove the old drum unit from the device, together with the toner cartridge in it.
- There is a green lock lever, push it to release the toner from the drum assembly.
- Unbox your new Brother MFC 8460n drum unit
- Take the old toner from the old drum assembly and slide it in to the new drum unit until you hear a click.
- Install the complete unit back in to your device, same position where you found it.
- Close up the front cover, done.