Remembering the Brother MFC 7420 is quite easy, it was one of the best laser – monochrome multi-function printers back in the days. An energy star certified printer which managed to copy in 600 x 300 DPI and print in a 2400 x 600 DPI resolution, all of that within 53 dBA. Speed play a huge role also where the MFC 7420 managed to print and around 20 pages per minute (B/W). With a price of $600 it was definitely quite an investment, especially or small offices, but owners rarely regretted the purchase.
But, as with all office equipment, you need to replace some parts here and there to keep the workflow going, and the MFC-7420 is no different. This is the part where we come to the today’s question, which is connected to the drum unit of this device.
Where can I buy an affordable Brother MFC 7420 drum unit?
When it comes to the Brother MFC 7420 drum unit, you have to know that your device is compatible only with one type, which is the DR-350 model. The price can range from $60 up to $100, depending on your location and the seller, but overall you want to go with the Genuine stuff, not only because it’s going to last you longer, but also becasue you can be assured that you’re buying the right drum unit.
You can buy it under this link: Genuine Brother DR-350 Drum Unit
How to replace the DR-350 Drum Unit?
- Turn on your MFC-7420 and open the front cover of the device.
- Remove the old drum unit from the device, together with the toner cartridge in it.
- There is a green lock lever, push it to release the toner from the drum assembly.
- Unbox your new Brother MFC 7420 drum unit
- Take the old toner from the old drum assembly and slide it in to the new drum unit until you hear a click.
- Install the complete unit back in to your device, same position where you found it.
- Close up the front cover, done.