Although discontinued, the Brother MFC-L2700DW Monochrome Laser Printer is still an active helper in hundreds of thousands of offices, home-offices and busy stores. The MFC series is like a well-oiled machine, and we’re talking from experience. A similar device is serving our own printing needs for years, and so far the only things which need replacement here and there are the inner parts, like the toner cartridges and the drum unit, because the whole device is probably going to last for another 10 years. We talked about toner cartridges in our separate category, but today we’re going to go through the MFC-L2700DW Drum Unit.
Where can I buy an affordable Brother MFC l2700dw drum unit?
When it comes to the MFC-L2xxx series of Monochrome Laser Printers, you have just one compatible type of a drum unit, which is the Brother DR-630 Drum Unit, which also goes under the name BRTDR630. It’s a medium sized drum unit which will cost you around $80, depending on the specific seller and the current deals available. If you’re planning to buy one right now, the best thing would be to jump over to Amazon and check the current discounts, you can do so by visiting this link: DR-630 Drum Unit. Once you have the device in front of you, you need to replace it, which can be done through these seven steps.
How to replace the DR-630 Drum Unit?
- Turn on your MFC-L2700DW and open the front cover of the device.
- Remove the old drum unit from the device, together with the toner cartridge in it.
- There is a green lock lever, push it to release the toner from the drum assembly.
- Unbox your new Brother MFC-L2700DW drum unit
- Take the old toner from the old drum assembly and slide it in to the new drum unit until you hear a click.
- Install the complete unit back in to your device, same position where you found it.
- Close up the front cover, done.